Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Dogs I Have Met

I have just returned from my morning walk.  I covered the two mile regimen and am a bit tired.  Only now is the sun coming out.  It was overcast at 7 o'clock.  

My camera is proving to be a great incentive to walking!  I am not only anxious to take pictures, it gives me the opportunity to stop and catch my breath without appearing to need to do so.  And it has caused me to notice things that I never would have noticed before.

My neighbor, Lisa, drove by on her way to work and stopped to give me some blueberry coffee cake that she had baked.  We chatted for a few minutes.  I told her that Dean, my son, had called the night before to tell me that he and Dawn and my grandchildren, Travis, Charlie and Kady, were planning to come up for the Labor Day week-end.   I am thrilled!  They want to visit all their favorite places--Kimball's Farm, the Bonsai Store, the New Balance store!

My new friend, Linda, was being walked by her dog Scooter and we chatted for a while and I took another picture of Scooter.  She would like to have a copy of the pictures.

As I walked the second half of my walk, the bottom half of Merrimack Meadows, everyone seemed to be asleep!  No one as yet was stirring.  When I had almost completed the distance a woman came out of her house and greeted me.  She was very friendly and I asked her what breed of dog she was walking.  A "Sheet Tsu" she said in an accented voice.  I didn't recognize the accent so I asked her what country she was from.  She answered, "Persia." Her dog's name was Coco (it sounded like Cocoa) and she was very amenable to my photographing her dog.


I have, in a very short time of walking, met Scooter, Curly (Earl Gray), Freddy, Buster and Coco!  That's not bad!

“Petting, scratching, and cuddling a dog could be as soothing to the mind and heart as deep meditation and almost as good for the soul as prayer.”
Dean Koontz, False Memory

No comments:

Post a Comment