Thursday, August 22, 2013

Meet Freddy!

Meet Freddy!  He is the first dog I met
as I started my walk at 6:45 this morning.  He was very friendly and cooperative at posing for my camera.  His mistress was also very friendly.  I wonder if dogs take on the personality of their owners?

I was very happy because Cheryl (my daughter) rescued me from the discouragement I felt (at losing 2 days photographs).  She recovered the photos I thought I had lost yesterday and led me through how Picasa works.  A feat that isn't easy on a long distance call from Arizona to Massachusetts and considering that I am trying to remember the workings of a former computer with impaired memory! 

I continued walking to the entrance. It is slightly uphill so I look forward to an easier downhill walk on returning.  The loops I take are a mix of up and down hill.  I am wondering if I will see anything to photograph today.  I planned to retake some of the pictures that I think I lost, although Cheryl thinks they may be hiding in an as yet unknown file. 

The birds are singing their songs and I wonder if they have any awareness that their form of communication is so lovely.  It reminds me of a musical play in which most dialogue is sung.  "Oh what a beautiful morning!  Oh what a beautiful day!  I've got a wonderful feeling, everything's going my way!"  (Oklahoma!)

Nothing extraordinary occurs to me so I decide to photograph the flowers that appeal to me.  I have reached my starting point now (my condo) and have walked one mile.  I take a deep breath and pause long enough to take a picture of my open garage which I agreed to rent to the company that is residing the condos.  Then I begin to walk the second half of the complex.  There are three loops on this walk.  There must be some way of drawing on this blog but I don't know how and don't feel like tackling it just yet!  I haven't entirely figured out how to post my pictures!

I am once again impressed by how tall the trees have grown.  And how well they preserved the landscaping when they built this complex.  When I reached Myrna's condo her husband Earl was standing on the porch.  Myrna joined him and I gave her the photographs I had taken of our walk together behind the condos and in front of the river.  She liked the pictures and we chatted for a few minutes.  They are a lovely couple and I am very blessed to have met them.


I completed my walk and have completed my blog and without pictures again because of my lack of computer-ease.  I'll try to sort it out before tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment