Saturday, August 24, 2013

Moon Over Merrimack Meadows

Honey Badger posted a great video on Facebook that followed a young girl on the Scottish Extreme Triathlon.  It was fascinating to watch and inspired me to go on my walk.  What is the opposite of extreme?  The OED defines it as 1 to the highest degree.  2 highly unusual.  3 very severe or serious.  4 not moderate.  5 furthest from the centre or a given point.  I will have to think about it!

Honey Badger and my son Dean just returned from Norway where Dawn ran the Norseman Extreme Triathlon.  She did not win but she completed it and won a T Shirt!  My son coached her and ran the last 10 miles with her.  It has the reputation of being the most difficult extreme triathlon in the world.

I suppose I could  say that my Walking Project is 1 to the lowest degree. 2 highly usual. 3 very moderate.  It is furthest from the centre or a given point in the opposite direction!  I walked two miles this morning.  I don't have a goal other than increasing my distance and my stamina.  I hope to improve my health and most especially improve my brain!  

Walking this morning was very pleasant.  It was very cool and quieter than usual.  I started at 6:30 a.m. and there was very little traffic since it was Saturday.  Linda was walking Scooter and we chatted for a few minutes.  
It was after 7 o'clock when I reached the second half of the walk and I was surprised to see the moon shining in a clear blue sky!  The sun and the moon were both shining! 

"We are sun and moon, dear friend; we are sea and land.  It is not our purpose to become each other; it is to recognize each other, to learn to see the other and honor him for what he is: each the others opposite and complement."

Herman Hesse, Narcissus and Goldmund 



No comments:

Post a Comment