Monday, August 19, 2013

Increasing My Distance

I didn't get started as early as usual this morning, but I left with my camera around my neck, looking forward to my adventure.  It was a few minutes after 7 o'clock.  And I learned that the experience was very different at 7 than it has been at 6.  I prefer the earlier hour.  There were no other walkers walking their pets!  Probably because they were getting ready for work.  My first encounter was with a cat!  He walked over to check me out but, as usual, he (or she) ignored me and sauntered on his or her way. I am a dog person but I do have one cat friend.  A beautiful long haired white cat who lives with my friend Julie.  

Several cars drove by as I walked along, one of whom was Sue, a friend that I play dominoes with.  She slowed down and stopped for a few minutes and, as she drove off, I realized I had missed a good photo op!  Oh well, I'll catch her another day.

I followed my path walking to the entrance and returning by taking all the loops (five in number).  I took about 20 pictures trying to capture the beauty of our very tall trees.
Just as I was returning to my condo I saw Myrna, another member of the Domino Group, walking up the hill.  I joined her and decided to try the back half.  Her husband, Earl, had driven through all the possible side loops and the main thorough fare in his car and discovered it was 2 miles of walking.  Myrna and I walked down the street to the end and decided to explore the back of the final row of condos, on which she lived, to see the river which is the end of Merrimack Meadows.  It is called the Mighty Merrimack because it provided the power to support all the fabric factories that put Lowell and Lawrence on the map.  It is really very beautiful and we leisurely explored the area.

 
Then we started back towards my condo which is located about half way down the main road.  

It was a great walk!  Tomorrow I will try walking the longer distance 
and  add the loops on to the other half!!  And I will try for 6 o'clock and meet the dogs again!

1 comment: