Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Hills Are Alive

"The hills are alive with the sound of music..." was my first thought when I went walking this morning at 6 o'clock.  It is already growing darker but the trees were filled with birds chirping!  It was a lovely chorus of sound and the surrounding of trees reminded me of "The Sound of Music" and Maria.  I took my camera again and wore my purple Nike's.  It was cool for walking at 6 but it promises to be warmer weather again.  Based on my success yesterday, I decided to try walking the second half of the complex.  I made it except for the last loop!  Very close to two miles!  

The body, which can be very fragile when ill, is amazingly resilient to exercise.  And the fringe benefits of becoming aware of that is a new awareness of your surroundings.  I have been walking for a very short period of time and I am truly surprised by the improvement in my sense of balance.  A friend commented that I was also speaking faster and more fluently!  I still have memory black-outs but they seem to be age appropriate.  They may occur less frequently  if I become more active.  

I only encountered two other walkers today and met one dog named Buster.  He was a small black dog and his name suited him.  On returned to my condo the black and white cat was in my yard.  I attempted to photograph him but you have to snap the shutter fast with a cat! 

2 comments:

  1. Mornings are beautiful. I am determined to enjoy more of them even perhaps the occasional sunrise! I have been a night creature too long and it is a bit a struggle to come into the light of day. The rewards of an early morning, being apart of the magical hour when the sun blesses us with yet another new day are worth the struggle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment! You will find the light of daybreak far more rewarding than the late hours!

      Delete