Friday, September 13, 2013

Chinese Fortune Cookies

Yesterday was a very nice day for me.  And this morning has been a good morning.  After my morning walk yesterday I drove to New Hampshire to see my friend Julie.  I met Julie 39 years ago at Fitchburg State College where we both had returned to school to complete our education that was interrupted when we were married. We were both Army wives living at Fort Devens, MA.  Julie's husband was a dentist and mine was an artilleryman.  I had four children and she had four children.  We became friends and have remained friends.  We have gone through many major changes in our lives and have always been sounding boards for each other.

This morning was a good morning because it was the once monthly meeting of the Gen-Ex Bible Study Group.  I have been a member since Fr. Gordon White invited me to attend many years ago!  This morning I learned that Fr. Don Lozier can properly be called The Reverend Doctor Don Lozier!  He has a doctorate as well as being ordained as a priest.  I have always known that he is well above average in smartness!  I am truly impressed!  Jean Pinard, also a member of the group, has a doctorate.  I have always known that I was very blessed to be in good company!   

I was dressed and ready to go for a walk before Bible Study but I had only gone a short distance when it began to rain.  Remembering my last walk in the rain I decided to not risk it and returned home!  According to the weather report, it will be sunny this week-end.

Julie and I decided to go to a Japanese Restaurant we both like and enjoyed the Fried Rice,  I received another Fortune Cookie which read "Struggle as hard as you can for whatever you believe in."  If I were to go back to school now, I would major in religion.  Or perhaps I would have pursued the possibility of ordination much sooner in my life.  Having been approved for ordination to the diaconate and then told that I could not be ordained, because I had turned 72, was very disappointing.
The Gen-Ex Bible Study Group


The Reverend Doctor Lozier!

No comments:

Post a Comment