Friday, September 13, 2013

The Days Dwindle Down...

To a precious few...
And the days grow short
When you reach September...


Two thirds of the year is gone.  Four months are left and then
another year will have passed.  In terms of human life, very few persons live to be 100.  My father died at age 89.  My mother died at age 85.  Maybe I will live until I am 90.  That means that I have 10 1/2 years left.  The days have grown short!  

Elli is the name of the Norse Goddess of Old Age.  I have been an Episcopalian for 61 years and a Baptist and Methodist before that but emulating a Norse Goddess of Old Age appeals to my fantasy! In Norse Mythology the God Thor is challenged to wrestle with Elli and he is brought to his knees in the struggle.  Not even the God Thor is immune to the effects of aging!  

As I struggle with the effects of aging

No comments:

Post a Comment