Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Consistency

I completed the first half of my two mile walk before the Bible Study Group met.  The weather forecast for today was cloudy (but it rained anyway) with temperatures between 69 degrees and 65 degrees.  It will be the same for three days with scattered thunder storms on Thursday.  Saturday and Sunday are supposed to be sunny!  It will be a challenge to walk two miles every day for the next three days.

Dean emailed me this morning to congratulate me on yesterday's increased "speed" and acted as my coach by saying that "Consistency" is the key to success.  I would love to earn a Turkey-Trot T-Shirt  but I don't think running is in my future.  My sense of balance is much improved but I don't think that Dr. Sprague will ever recommend running.  It sounds like too much of a risk.  

I arrived at church at 9:30 a.m. I chose to take The Jerusalem Bible today.  It has received reviews as being the best translation of the Bible.  And I was very pleased with it.  But it differed from other translations, having a few extra verses.  It caused some confusion. We are reading Leviticus, reading three chapters and discussing them quickly.  I wish we had reverted to the New Testament again after reading Genesis and Exodus.  

After Bible Study I went to the Post Office to mail the quilting fabric to Sandra.  I was truly shocked--it cost $22!  Then I headed home and stopped at the Chinese Restaurant in the Shopping Mall right outside Merrimack Meadows to order Fried Rice for lunch.  They make several kinds, all of which are good, but my favorite is a Thai
recipe of curried rice with large-cut onions, chicken, and sea food, usually shrimp, but today they had added some lobster!  It was very, very delicious!  

Now, I am home and am watching "Rizzoli and Isles," one of my favorite TV Programs.


And we are never too old to study the Bible.  Each time the lessons are studied comes some new meaning, some new thought which will make us better.             

                                                  John D. Rockefeller









   

No comments:

Post a Comment