Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Odds and Ends

I slept later than usual this morning.  By the time I had bathed and dressed and spent some time checking my email and FaceBook it was time to go for my walk at 7:15.  My walking friend Linda was walking her dog, Scooter, and very kindly agreed to take a picture of me!


                                          This is Linda!
This is me!
I am beginning to be aware that I am sleeping better.  I still awaken but I am not having lengthy bouts of insomnia falling back to sleep.
We ran into some children that Linda knew who were walking to the entrance to wait for the school bus.  I photographed a young girls back pack because she had adorned it with so many things!



I continued my walk and nothing else caught my attention!  

I mentioned the Delicious Fried Rice that I had for lunch yesterday but forgot to mention my Fortune Teller Cookie!  It read "You will travel to exotic places on your next trip."  A very nice fortune!  It reminded me of the movie I like so well "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" which is about a group of British "elderly" retirees who move to Jaipur, India to take up residence.  Judi Dench (my favorite actress), Bill Nighy, and Maggie Smith and four other well know actors play roles in the movie.  I recommend it highly!
I thought that Thanksgiving would be my next trip but maybe not!  I like the sound of "exotic!"

A not well known fact of the Civil War:  In 1861 Sally Louisa Tompkins was commissioned a cavalry captain.  She was the only woman to be commissioned in the confederate army.  There were however female soldiers disguised as men who fought.  Capt. Tompkins was a nurse and established a hospital in Richmond, Virginia.  
___________________________________________________________

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel 

"Evelyn:  Nothing here has worked out quite as I expected.
Muriel:  Most things don't, but sometimes what happens instead is the good stuff!"

No comments:

Post a Comment