Monday, September 16, 2013

"Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty."

"Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty" is my newest fortune cookie.  I'm not off to a very good start!  

I do not handle frustration very well!  I am not patient and quickly become irritated with myself and that further exacerbates whatever the problem is!  This morning I had difficulty with my printer working and it cost me a lot of expensive photo paper and a lot of very expensive ink!  I wanted to complete my project of filling a photo album with the pictures I have taken while walking.  It seemed urgent to complete it because the Dominoes Group is meeting this Friday and I want to show them what I am doing.

I considered the possibility of buying a new printer but that wasn't a good option because 1. I couldn't really afford it and 2. I wouldn't know how to set the printer up!   

I got caught in the urgency of my wishes and finally gave up struggling (a wise thing to do) and went for my walk later than usual. It was dark and dreary outside but it wasn't raining.  I decided to walk the back half of my two mile walk for a change and finish the front half later in the day.  It was delightfully cool and I began to calm down.  I crossed paths with the woman from Persia and CoCo, her dog.  I told her I had a photo of him and would bring it next time for her.  She seemed very pleased and was so lovely.  I really hope to know her better.

By the time that I returned I was able to fix the printing problem and
complete what I wanted to do.  My mind seems to shut down when
confronted with a problem.  I don't know why.  It didn't before.  It is one of the reasons I am walking.  It is supposed to be good for your brain!  Now I have a lot of cutting to do.

I was very pleased to receive an email this morning from Bill and Arlene Browning the Junior and Senior Warden at St. John's asking me to be a part of the Discernment process to make a recommendation to the Vestry whether to call the Priest-in-Charge as Rector.  I agreed to do it and hope that I can make at least some contribution.  I also need to get started on the Newsletter I volunteered to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment