Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Happy Birthday, Dawn!

I didn't walk yesterday because 1. it was pouring down rain and 2. I was doing the laundry (sheets and towels) and 3. I was exhausted! We went to Kittery, Maine the day before to enjoy shopping at the outlet stores and having lobster again for lunch at the Weathervane. Followed several hours later at Kimball's for more ice cream.  The day started with a 2 mile walk through the Merrimack Meadows Complex with Kady and Murphy, with Dean and Dawn joining us early on.  

It is one hour's drive to Kittery.  We stopped at "The Trading Post" first--one of our favorite stores.  I took my first picture of the day there, a repeat of a picture I had taken on a previous visit!
Travis, Kady, Dean, Dawn, and Charlie

We went to most of our favorites but everything is less of a bargain now.  In one store there was a knit cap that looked like the cap Kady had liked in Norway for $80!  It was $35 and I bought the cap for her. It was made in China, but the cap in Norway could have been made in China! Dean and Dawn went to several stores of cooking ware and bought a very nice baking pan for large muffins.  Looking for something in my kitchen Dean had discovered at least 12 muffin mixes!  I hope I can redeem myself!  After our seafood lunch we shopped some more, coming to an end at "When Pigs Fly."  A wonderful designer bakery for original breads.  I thought that they used to be expensive at $4 a loaf but they are now $5 to $8. Nevertheless I couldn't resist buying at least one loaf with raisins and mangoes.   

The trip was fun because making the trip is a Stodter family tradition. And eating Sea Food at the Weathervane is a family tradition!  Just as Kimball's is a family tradition!   So we drove home and went to Kimball's before coming home.  Kady baked a cake to celebrate Dawn's birthday.  It was delicious and decorated with the Norseman
logo!  I looked through Wikipedia for all the names of Norseman Gods and Goddesses but none listed were good names for Dawn. There are many Gods but not so many Goddesses!  I did however find one for me!  The Goddess Elle--the Goddess of Old Age!!!

We must have walked at least 5 miles that day and I was exhausted!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment