Friday, September 6, 2013

The Autumn Leaves

According to the Merriam Webster Dictionary, "Autumn is the season between summer and winter comprising in the northern hemisphere usually the months of September, October, and November or as reckoned astronomically extending from the September equinox to the December solstice —called also fall."

Autumn arrived last night.  The days are shorter and the nights are growing longer. The Canada Goose is in flight.  And the temperature dropped to 51 last night.  I had a wonderful two mile walk today in sunny weather wearing a fleece jacket, a knit cap and gloves in addition to my usual walking clothes.  I am humming the lyrics to "The Autumn Leaves!"

According to a 10 day weather report, we will enjoy sunny days four days, and cloudy weather with rain five days, and one day of scattered thunder storms with our highest temperature being 85 degrees and our lowest 51 degrees.  It will require ingenuity to stay in "training" during inclement weather!  Especially when the New England winter comes.

I walked to the entrance of Merrimack Meadows this morning and started back following the loops.  I was delighted and surprised to see Curly again standing in front of his door.  I took two pictures of him and they are better than the pictures I took  yesterday.  The lighting was better.  
I kept walking, hoping to be inspired for taking pictures.  I have taken pictures of the flags on display, pictures of the ways people have decorated their doors, I have shot pictures of pets and photographed the small gardens that were attractive and photographed all of the signs.  Today I decided to take pictures of the large rocks that have been used in the complex.  


Now is the season of apple picking and enjoying the fall foliage!

No comments:

Post a Comment