Saturday, June 16, 2012

Lethargy

I have been very lethargic today.  I am waking with the birds literally and spent some time rearranging my closet. I was not tired since I went to bed at 8:00 pm.  And I enjoyed a good night's sleep. My mind racing seems to have abated and I am able to relax.

My friend Julie came for a visit at 10:30 a.m. Julie and Bella! Bella is a MinPin, a "Miniature Pincher" that she rescued from the pound. He is devoted to Julie and Julie to him. Julie has been a friend for almost forty years. We met when we were in college and had a class together.  It was the first of several classes that we shared. We both lived at Fort Devens where our husbands were serving in the military. Her husband was a dentist. My husband was an artillery man. We stayed in college and earned master's degrees. Then we braved the real world and got jobs. She was a social worker and I was an addiction's counselor. We remained friends. She had four children and I had four children. We have supported each other through a life cycle of events! And are still good friends.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. A day free of commitments.  I am tempted to stay home on Sunday too. It is Father's Day--more of a Hallmark Holiday than a religious observance. I am tired of having to keep appointments and not being in control of my life. And I am ashamed of complaining. Shirley French's daughter has been very ill with a cancer that has not responded to treatment. Her prognosis  is very poor. Her daughter has two children, ages 20 and 18, and is actively sick. Shirley is so solicitous of my well being. I am 78 and have had a good life. I have nothing to complain of--even being out of control of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment